Systems Administrator - Financial Publishing
The Systems Administrator
A leading financial publishing organisation are looking for a new Systems Administrator to join a highly technical and motivated operations team in a fast-paced international company. You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of the Windows stack, VMWare ESXi, NetApp and networking.
The tech team is very much involved with all aspects of the business and sits in the middle of the company’s large open plan office based in London.
When you join us…
You’ll be involved in new tech projects and upgrades, as well as working on day-to-day issues. You’ll be working closely with the IT development and Business Intelligence teams to ensure objectives are met. This role will require you to:
- Proactively understand and manage both the hardware and software we use
- Manage the release of the internal and external software
- Manage the infrastructure in the UK and remotely for our satellite offices around the world
- Build tools/scripts and support previously developed tools and improve automation
- Provide support dealing with incidents, daily checks, upgrades, changes, backups & monitoring
- Understand and improve monitoring infrastructure
- Be available for on-call support
What you’ll need:
Passion for IT and technology
Substantial experience in a similar role
Windows Server 2003-2016 (Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, GPO, MDT/WDS, SCC)
Windows Desktop 7-10
MS SQL Server 2008-2016
Cisco Networking and WiFi
Fortinet UTM Firewalls
MS Exchange 2010 - 2016
Vertias BackUp Exec
Dell Technologies (Hardware and OpenManage)
Some Linux Skills (Ubuntu)
Specific experience of all these technologies whilst welcomed is not a requirement, we are looking for a proficient generalist with the right mindset and work ethic to fit in with the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering a superb company culture, career progression and comprehensive benefits. If you feel you are an ideal candidate, apply now!